[rancid] RANCID 3.8 and Git - sync to remote repo instead of or in addition to local repo?

Ni Ne nineoften at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 21 21:10:04 UTC 2019

Running rancid 3.8 and I would like to (re-)publish the rancid config files (for devices themselves) to a gitlab server we have internally.

I am still learning about Git and not very familiar with rancid's interaction with it.

Is it feasible to have rancid update both repo's simultaneously? The local one on the server, and a remote repo?

It appears Git itself supports such a thing:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/849308/pull-push-from-multiple-remote-locations

I imagine I would need to update all rancid groups .git files accordingly, at a minimum.

Thanks,