[rancid] Tellabs equipment

john heasley heas at shrubbery.net
Mon Aug 26 23:02:21 UTC 2019

Mon, Aug 26, 2019 at 06:57:27PM +0000, Luke Smith:
> I'm new to configuring Rancid, so forgive me if I'm not asking the right questions. I've turned up a rancid server, I can get Cisco, Adtran, and Foundry no issues. I'm moving over to my Tellabs now and I've found a rancid-ssi github that I was able to find a tlrancid.in file on the commands needed and clogin works fine to get me into the device, but when I actually start a run, it doesn't get into the device, what happens in the logs I get the following error:
>
> Trying to get all of the configs.
> exec(tlrancid) failed router manufacturer tellabs: No such file or directory
>
> I went ahead and in the rancid.types.base I added the following:

I recommend using rancid.types.conf instead; see the comment at the
top of .base.

> # Tellabs
> tellabs;script;tlrancid
> tellabs;login;clogin
>
> If I manually run the tlrancid or clogin command, it gets in just fine. However, I don't actually get the scripts to run ... so I'm assuming I'm missing a correlation between files. Any help would be appreciated.

make sure that tlrancid is executable, has the correct interpretter as
its first line and it in rancid's path according to rancid.conf:PATH
or make it a FQPN in the rancid.types.conf entry.