[rancid] Extreme EXOS switches - what model?

Adam Thompson athompson at merlin.mb.ca
Tue Dec 3 20:49:12 UTC 2019

I’m somewhat confused here; I have some Extreme X620 switches (that’s the Summit / EX-OS line) that I’m trying to add into RANCID.
However, my v3.9 installation, upon seeing “extreme” in router.db, still tries to run the “enable” command after logging in, which is wrong – VERY wrong, and tells me the wrong device type in is use.
Yet when I manually run “xlogin” to one of these devices, it still fails because it treats it like a Cisco-ish device, not like an EXOS device.

What device type am I supposed to put in router.db?  Why doesn’t xlogin successfully log in??

I feel like I’m missing something here…

Pointers appreciated.
-Adam

Adam Thompson
Consultant, Infrastructure Services
[[MERLIN LOGO]]<https://www.merlin.mb.ca/>
100 - 135 Innovation Drive
Winnipeg, MB, R3T 6A8
(204) 977-6824 or 1-800-430-6404 (MB only)
athompson at merlin.mb.ca<mailto:athompson at merlin.mb.ca>
www.merlin.mb.ca<http://www.merlin.mb.ca/>