[rancid] Restore a Palo Alto Firewall from a Rancid bacup

Gauthier, Chris cgauthier at comscore.com
Mon Jul 15 22:30:42 UTC 2019

The only way in CLI to do a "show run" type of output in XML format is to execute the following commands.  This holds true for both Panorama and Pan-OS (not managed by Panorama):

User at Palo-Alto-FW> set cli config-output-format xml
User at Palo-Alto-FW> configure
Entering configuration mode
[edit]
User at Palo-Alto-FW# show
<response status="success" code="19">
  <result total-count="1" count="1">
    <device-group>
****Truncated to hide my config****

--Chris

Chris Gauthier Senior Network Engineer | Comscore
t +1 (503) 331-2704 |
cgauthier at comscore.com
comscore.com
​​​This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain information that is private, confidential, or protected by attorney-client or other privilege. If you received this e-mail in error, please delete it from your system and notify sender.