[rancid] Improving Rancid's processing speed when having 1k+ devices

Emille Blanc emille at abccommunications.com
Thu Jul 25 15:14:28 UTC 2019

I've seen/heard stories of people pre-empting rancid with an snmp-get of the config-last-changed / last committed OID, to generate a list of devices to run against.

Have always wanted to set that up for our instance as we are approaching the 500 device mark, but it's not become a big enough problem for us... yet.