[rancid] Unable to figure out "end of run not found"

Piegorsch, Weylin William weylin at bu.edu
Mon Jun 17 21:05:13 UTC 2019

I actually don't use the semicolon. Not sure if this is bash specific, sh specific, or posix general, but without the semicolon it sets the global environment variable only for the duration of that command following the variable definition, and unset it upon returning control to the cli. See also your "export" comment, which has correlating implications regarding environment vs namespace vs scope.

But I'm not an experienced programmer, and don't pretend to grok the various nuances, benefits, and pitfalls known by those who actually know what they're doing, so if using the semicolon is better I all ears.

weylin

Sent from Outlook on my 'Droid