[rancid] moving rancid to new server

Wayne Eisenberg Wayne.Eisenberg at CarolinasIT.com
Mon Nov 18 22:40:22 UTC 2019

Hi,

I need to move my rancid (3.8) setup to a new server. Is it ok to tar/gzip the entire directory and copy it or just do a bulk copy via scp of the entire /usr/local/rancid directory from the old to new server (and the .cloginrc file, of course)? Or should I re-install and re-configure from scratch on the new server? It's not the same distro, but as long as the other packages (like expect) are installed, it should be pretty portable, yes?

Thanks,
Wayne