[rancid] Draft config for IOS-XR 7.x on Cisco NCS

Bill Owens owens at nysernet.org
Thu Apr 9 20:58:16 UTC 2020

On 4/9/20, 4:45 PM, "john heasley" <heas at shrubbery.net> wrote:

    I am not positive that the NCS variant is the same as the ASR, but please
    try/see rancid device type cisco-exr.  EXR = enhanced XR; their name, not
    mine.

I looked at cisco-exr as well, and it seems to be part-way between base ios-xr and what I needed for the NCS. I don't pretend to understand Cisco's versions/flavors/etc. but IOS-XR 7.x has completely eliminated 'admin' mode. Attempting to run those commands throws this error:

WARNING: Admin mode has been deprecated. Please consult the Command Line Interface Guide.

Sadly, there does not appear to be a Command Line Interface Guide; I've asked my Cisco contacts for help finding the details of the changes.

Bill.