[rancid] no CVS directory created for new groups

Tim McIntire Tim.McIntire at infinite.com
Tue Apr 28 13:45:46 UTC 2020

Hi,

I recently migrated to rancid 3.9.  I created 3 groups initially and it is all working fine, but when I added two more, I was not getting any emails for the changes.  I tested email to the alias, that is working.  Looked through the archives and it  appears to be related to not running rancid-cvs after adding the group to rancid.conf.    I can run rancid-run and it created the var/GROUP/configs dir and saves the config, but it is not keeping track of differences.  When I run

cvs  log -bSh router.db

I get

cvs log: No CVSROOT specified!  Please use the `-d' option
cvs [log aborted]: or set the CVSROOT environment variable.

I ran

rancid-cvs -V -f /opt/rancid/etc/rancid.conf

but it is still not creating the GROUP in /opt/rancid/var/CVS.

Any suggestions?

Thanks..

Tim
This e-mail contains PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION intended solely for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please notify so to the sender by e-mail and delete the original message. In such cases, please notify us immediately at info at infinite.com . Further, you are not to copy, disclose, or distribute this e-mail or its contents to any unauthorized person(s). Any such actions are considered unlawful. This e-mail may contain viruses. Infinite has taken every reasonable precaution to minimize this risk, but is not liable for any damage you may sustain as a result of any virus in this e-mail. You should carry out your own virus checks before opening the e-mail or attachments. Infinite reserves the right to monitor and review the content of all messages sent to or from this e-mail address. Messages sent to or from this e-mail address may be stored on the Infinite e-mail system.

***INFINITE******** End of Disclaimer********INFINITE********