[rancid] Palo Alto (Panorama) configuration

john heasley heas at shrubbery.net
Thu Aug 13 17:02:05 UTC 2020

Thu, Aug 13, 2020 at 11:26:35AM +0000, Abagiu Andreia-Elena:
> Instead of show system info, show chassis inventory and show config, I would be more interested in extracting the running configuration for a single customer (not for the whole Panorama - all the Firewalls - as per default). My commands look something like this:
>

> How to adapt the different parts of Rancid for this to work? Which files/where and what to modify? I have not done much programming in my career, but I have a very basic understanding and some logic.

create your own device type in rancid.types.conf; define the commands
and the functions that filter them.

the caveat from you example is that the commands appear to need the
interpolation/variable substitution which is not supported by rancid
currently.  I'd discuss with you a new feature for that off-list.
for now, types in rancid.types.conf could be created w/o the variables.