[rancid] The new "alias" option in rancid.types.base does not seem to be working

Vlad Olariu florinvlad.olariu at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 14:07:18 UTC 2020

I recently upgrade to v3.10 and it seems force10 is an alias now. The
problem is that my old force10 devices (since before the upgrade) now no
longer work, with rancid throwing a "device type not recognised" error in
the logs. I don't think this is force10-exclusive.

Could somebody be so kind to check this out? I don't have the option of
upgrading, so I'd need to hack away at my local version of the file if a
fix is released.

Thank you,

Vlad