[rancid] Unable to pull configuration from Cisco WLC 8.5

Charles Allen charles.allen at zagg.com
Mon May 4 15:21:16 UTC 2020

Weylin,

You are correct that a lot of my issue was surrounding the logout sequence.  Thankfully I was able to get this resolved with the help of John from Rancid.  There were two things that were impacting me:

  *   First, I had an issue with TACACS where the 'config paging disable' could not be executed.  To expand on this, there are seven groups to which a user could be assigned on the WLC.  It just so happened that I was using the one group, MONITOR, that didn’t allow for the config level command to issues.
  *   Second, in the process of my troubleshooting I had started to tweak the versions of EXPECT and TCL because of a separate email chain I had read on the discussion board.  I had to recently rebuild my server because of a variety of issues.  After reinstalling Rancid the WLC scripts now all work correctly.

A couple of things to note that might help people who encounter this issue, some information on install: Centos 7, fully patched, I am running EXPECT version 5.45 and TCL version 8.5.  Also I’m running Rancid 3.12.

Thanks.

Charlie Allen