[rancid] ?==?utf-8?q? proxy-login rancid collection

Gary T. Giesen ggiesen at giesen.me
Mon May 11 19:39:19 UTC 2020

Did this ever get implemented? I have looked through a bunch of release notes and mail list archives but I could not find any further mention of it.

Thanks,

GTG

On Wednesday, March 25, 2015 12:14 EDT, heasley <heas at shrubbery.net> wrote:
 Many have asked for this and it will probably be the primary addition to
rancid 3.3, but I do not have a use for it, so although I've digested most
of the maillist discussion on the topic ('out of band access script change',
'download configs from on router through another', etc), I'm not sure that
I'd include all the relevant features, therefore i want to solicit input.

I am tempted to limit the utility to executing other login scripts, ie:
the assumption that it through a device supported by one of rancid's login
scripts, rather than an arbitrary unix command.

Please feel free to reply to me directly or to the list.