[rancid] Reporting subsets of Rancid data.

Dan Anderson dan.w.anderson at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 16:34:21 UTC 2021

If you created an additional set of groups, you could do a group per campus and send the reports/diffs for each group or groups to different e-mail addresses based on the entries in your /etc/aliases file. That's 100% supported and wouldn't change during upgrades. People who wanted to see all of the reports/diffs would be in all of the group aliases and those who didn't would only be in a subset.

Something along the lines of

campus1_switches: boss_person, campus1_people
campus2_switches: boss_person, campus2_people, campus1_people

-- Dan