[rancid] FS switches

Bjørn Skobba bjorn at basis-consulting.com
Wed Aug 11 11:48:06 UTC 2021

On Sun, Aug 8, 2021 at 5:45 PM heasley <heas at shrubbery.net> wrote:

> Sun, Aug 08, 2021 at 02:11:22PM +0200, Bjørn Skobba:
> > On Thu, May 7, 2020 at 10:54 PM Troy Beisigl <troy at i2bnetworks.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > I was trying to do a google search for anyone using rancid with FS switches. It basically came up with nothing. So I thought I would post here. We are looking to add some FS S5500 switches to rancid. Has anyone written a plugin for these switches?
> >
> > Hi,
> > replying to an old message, but just chipping in to see if you got any
> > further with FS switches and rancid? We just got in a bunch of FS
> > S3900-48T4S and are looking to add them to rancid.
>
> In general, if it smells like an already supported device, that rancid
> device type might work or at the least be a good starting point.  Try
> it; if it does not work, lmk and I'll help.

Thanks! :) I tested a few device types and it seems like I can use
dnos9. I added this to rancid.types.conf:
dnos9fs;script;rancid -t dnos9fs
dnos9fs;login;clogin
dnos9fs;module;dnos9
dnos9fs;inloop;dnos9::inloop
dnos9fs;command;dnos9::ShowVersion;show version
dnos9fs;command;dnos9::ShowBoot;show boot
dnos9bc;command;dnos9::DirSlotN;dir
dnos9fs;command;dnos9::ShowChassis;show system
dnos9fs;command;dnos9::ShowVLAN;show vlan all
dnos9fs;command;dnos9::WriteTerm;show running-config

Seems to give me what I need. The output is quite "airy"(as in lots of
empty lines ), but so is the output from show running-config on the
actual switch.

/bjørn