[rancid] change rancid.conf config setting once a week

Chris Wopat me at falz.net
Fri Dec 3 16:02:56 UTC 2021

On Fri, Dec 3, 2021 at 9:49 AM heasley <heas at shrubbery.net> wrote:

> if a separate group is used, a group-specific rancid.conf can be used
> to over-ride the global config.  /pathto/<groupname>/rancid.conf,
> next to the group's router.db.
>
> it could be done in the environment that exececute rancid-run, but
> other changes would be needed to facilitate that..

We have everything one group now, so in theory i could setup a 2nd
group and i suppose have two copies of the config, each running at
their own separate intervals?

Main downside to this is being confused as to which config to look at.
Any further elaboration on 'other changes' with the environment
variable method, or is that a deep rabbit hole?

--Chris