[rancid] Backup Fortygate 100D

simon ben guy20034u at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 7 05:34:27 UTC 2021

 Dear All,
Btw appreciate and thanks for the reply from Heasley and UGO
As I mentioned below I am trying to backup my fortigate 1000D ( sorry for the typo mistake in my earlier email as 100D) so to test before I edit the router.db and .cloginrc file i ran the below
/usr/local/rancid/bin/fnlogin -t 90 -c "get system status" 172.16.xx.xx i see and does not connect

172.16.xx.xxspawn telnet -K 172.16.xx.xxTrying 172.16.xx.xx...
Do I need to add the below commands in my .clogin.rc file like the same way i do cisco routers n switchesI do appreciate if can help me with syntax in my clogin.rc file
Thanks and Regards
simon

    On Tuesday, November 30, 2021, 09:45:10 PM GMT+3, heasley <heas at shrubbery.net> wrote:

 Tue, Nov 30, 2021 at 06:16:58PM +0000, simon ben:
> Dear All,
> I am running Rancid in production environment and backing up Cisco Routers and Switches and its working greatPlan to backup FortygateI have 2 fortgates in active/active HA in our production data center
> Can I go with the same steps as I do when I add another cisco switch or router or anything needs to be done either on rancid server side or the Fortygate sideAppreciate your kind advice.
> Since this fortygate is in Production just want to be more cautious

The device type used in your router.db be must be one of the following,
assuming you have a recent version of rancid:

# Fortinet Fortigate firewall
# Normal or FULL (with defaults) configuration
fortigate;script;rancid -t fortigate
fortigate;login;fnlogin
fortigate;timeout;90
fortigate;module;fortigate
fortigate;inloop;fortigate::inloop
fortigate;command;fortigate::GetSystem;get system status
fortigate;command;fortigate::GetConf;show
#
fortigate-full;script;rancid -t fortigate-full
fortigate-full;login;fnlogin
fortigate-full;timeout;90
fortigate-full;module;fortigate
fortigate-full;inloop;fortigate::inloop
fortigate-full;command;fortigate::GetSystem;get system status
fortigate-full;command;fortigate::GetConf;show full-configuration

the user that rancid logs-in as on the fortigate must have the permission
to run the commands above.