[rancid] h3crancid problem

BASSAGET Cédric cedric.bassaget.ml at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 07:15:34 UTC 2021

hi Heasley,
I don't understand why you talk about alteon.

tried to add that in rancid.types.conf

# HP Comware
h3c;alias;h3crancid
h3crancid;script;rancid -t h3crancid
h3crancid;login;h3clogin
h3crancid;module;h3crancid
h3crancid;inloop;h3crancid::inloop
h3crancid;command;h3crancid::DisplayCurrent;display current-configuration

but I get this error :
loadtype: undefined function in h3crancid: h3crancid::DisplayCurrent
Couldn't load device type spec for h3c

what I don't understand is why it works correctly wen calling :
PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/rancid/bin ./bin/h3crancid -d sw-hp-hits-stack -h

I found this too :
https://sites.google.com/site/jrbinks/code/rancid/cmwrancid but it's quite
old (2015)
Regards