[rancid] lenovo switches

krashoverride at free.fr krashoverride at free.fr
Wed Feb 10 09:59:21 UTC 2021

Good morning list,

Has any of you successfully backed-up a Lenovo switch config ?
I'm trying to figure out what's not working, starting from Cisco templates and adjusting here and there, however it does not work.
Basically i've created my own "lenovo" manufacturer that only forces a terminal length, then show run commands
I'm always stuck with this

Getting missed routers: round 2.
IP: End of run not found
end
IP: End of run not found
end

I've tried a lot of debugs things like manually starting my script i.e /usr/local/rancid/bin/ibmclogin -t 90 -c"show vlan;show running-config" IP
The output shows the commands requested, but always finishes with an End of run not found (while my show run ends with an "end" marker)

So if anyone already has done a template for lenovo that works (or advices!) i'm interrested!

---

Running rancid 3.9 on a debian 10.7 server

Thank you!