[rancid] Re-IPing some switches.

heasley heas at shrubbery.net
Thu May 27 17:10:32 UTC 2021

Thu, May 27, 2021 at 04:57:51PM +0000, Chris Davis:
> I don’t use git.  Just downloaded a million years ago and compiled, and just keep updating manually.  I don’t know much about using git.  Aware of it, but don’t use it at all.

yeah, afaik, cvs does not have a mv.  you can do it manually; see

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/133721/move-a-file-in-cvs-without-resetting-the-revision-number/133827

make sure rancid does not run while you are fiddling.

something like
	su - rancid
	. /path/to/rancid.conf
	set -o noclobber
	echo $$ > $TMPDIR/.<groupname>.run.lock
	cd $CVSROOT/<groupname>
	cp -p hostname,v newhostname,v
	cd $BASEDIR/<groupname>
	cvs update
	vi router.db # replace the entry with new
	rm $TMPDIR/.<groupname>.run.lock

there are scripts to convert cvs to svn or git.