[rancid] Restore config on cisco devices

simon ben guy20034u at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 1 05:34:33 UTC 2021

 Dear Heasley,
Once again really appreciate your quick response and thanks for the clarification

regards
simon

    On Thursday, September 30, 2021, 11:07:37 PM GMT+3, heasley <heas at shrubbery.net> wrote:

 Thu, Sep 30, 2021 at 05:53:51AM +0000, simon ben:
> just wanted to know regarding the alternate way mentioned by you after doing a minimum config for the cisco switch or router for network connectivity as guess it would be a better option
> Is it possible to restore the config from viewvc screen from the browser as I dont see any option neither no option to down and save it as a file on my local desktop pc

No, viewvc is only a CVS repository viewer.

> appreciate your advice and help if the restore could be done from viewvc screen or if any tool is available with viewvc to achieve this

Each device family may require its own procedure to restore a config, possibly
manual cut/paste.  One could automate it with expect talking to the console,
but I have not done this.