[rancid] arcos repeated diffs of ssh keying

heasley heas at shrubbery.net
Mon Aug 29 16:23:32 UTC 2022

Mon, Aug 29, 2022 at 09:05:20AM -0700, Randy Bush:
> > Since I monitor this device as well, I too saw this.  It appears to
> > have not displayed the first line of output, then did, repeat once,
> > then settled.
>
> so an oddity in arcos display?  if so, given a clean example, i can
> chase with arrcus.

I suspect, yes.  Add more keys to see if it is triggered again.  If it
is, additional debugging data can be collected with some simple rancid
hacks.

> > It does not appear that you reverted the config to stop the changes.
> > I suspect that the router was actually doing this itself, since rancid
> > does not alter these lines.  Of course, there could some tclexpect bug
> > with the long line; it is a single line.
>
> the line from hell.  i deleted a few keys to work around the issue.

I know this is probably related to openconfig, I have not researched, but
this is a terrible way to configure keys.  I might have opened an ER for
this already, but I would urge Arrcus to diverge here; JunOS handles this
so much cleaner.