[rancid] Assistance creating a perl module to use with ZPE Systems NodegridOS Devices

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Tue Feb 15 18:35:07 UTC 2022

I'm looking to start backing up some ZPE console servers, so, of course, I
checked to see if rancid could do it, which led me to to this thread.

The CentOS 7 system I'm testing this on has an older version of rancid
(rancid-3.12-1.el7.x86_64) which caused a bit of confusion, as I don't
have the eos module...but I was still able to reproduce what you did, down
to having rancid run zpelogin, run the two commands, receive all the
expected output, exit, save the entire raw session to a file, and then
complain.

executing zpelogin -t 90 -c"show system/about;export_settings"
devicename
PROMPT MATCH: \[user at hostname /\]#
HIT COMMAND:[user at hostname /]#  show system/about
     In ShowVersion: [user at hostname /]#  show system/about
devicename: End of run not found
devicename: found_end is false
!sed pba version: none

Did you (or anyone else) ever get further than this with ZPE backups?