[rancid] Ignore Extreme hivemanager account

Karl kfrauendienst at mconsult.us
Wed Jan 5 15:05:51 UTC 2022

Good morning,

One of the sites where I run RANCID has Extreme switches and also has
the ExtremeCloud IQ web-based management.  The management platform adds
a user account called hivemanager, and it cycles (or at least
re-encrypts) the password every so often.  A few of them every just
about every day get a config revision from this with no other changes.
Is there something I can do to just leave the hivemanager line out of
the config entirely?  Here's what it looks like.

create account admin hivemanager encrypted
"$x$xxxxxx$xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"

I'm running RANCID version 3.13.

Thanks,

Karl