[rancid] login script for PaloAlto PA850

Anwar Durrani durrani.anwar at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 05:15:58 UTC 2023

Hi Team,

For the past week, I am trying to configure  PA-850 firewalls in rancid,
since I am new to rancid, I was not the aware complete and right procedure
for how to do it, and later I came across several articles on the internet.
Now, I found a very old panrancid script which ends up with the error as
below
I am running PAN-OS Version 10.1.7

Can't use 'defined(%hash)' (Maybe you should just omit the defined()?) at
/usr/lib/rancid/bin/panrancid line 53.

My Configuration files look like as below

cat /var/lib/rancid/firewalls/router.db
firewall1.<domain-name>.com.com;paloalto;up;

cat /etc/rancid/rancid.types.conf

paloalto;script;panrancid

Where i have panrancid file under /var/lib/rancid/bin directory

(I am running ubuntu 22.02)

cat /var/lib/rancid/firewalls/routers.up

firewall1;paloalto

Where i am wrong?

--
Thanks & regards,