[tac_plus] Deep command filtering

jathan. jathan at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 17:38:02 UTC 2007

Hello-

With the announcement of the latest Cisco PSIRT for "'sh ip bgp
regexp' crashing router".  Briefly what happens is that the router
will crash when you enter the command 'show ip bgp regexp'.

For example:

show ip bgp regexp (.*)(_\1)+

I have been a user of tac_plus for a long time, but this is the first
time I have been asked to filter deep into a command tree.

I am aware of something like

cmd = show {
  deny ip
  permit .*
}

I have never had any success going any deeper such as:

cmd = show {
  deny ip bgp regexp
}

Is this even possible?  Any help or feedback would be appreciated.
It's looking like in the interim my only remedy is to block access to
'show ip' period, and that's quite a nuisance.

Thanks,

Jathan McCollum