[tac_plus] need help for tacacs

Adyarachman Herdian adyarachman at bakrietelecom.com
Tue Dec 4 08:24:31 UTC 2007

Dear Sir / Madam

I have slight problem for tacacs and need your help for this. Here is my
problem:

I already have 1 tacacs server (IP : 172.16.3.18) and I want to move the
tacacs server into other machine (IP : 172.16.8.19). At the new machine,
I have installed the tac_plus and the service is already running. Here
is the show run result for tacacs :

tacacs-server host 172.16.3.18

tacacs-server directed-request

tacacs-server key 7 104C0D0A090316

and I have changed the tacacs-server into 172.16.8.19, so the show run
will be like this:

tacacs-server host 172.16.8.19

tacacs-server directed-request

tacacs-server key 7 104C0D0A090316

But after I change the tacacs-server, I can't login to the server using
my existing tacacs user id and password. FYI, all configuration in both
machine is same (I copied the config file from old machine to the new
machine).

What should I do to solve this problem?

Thanks for your attention and help.

Regards,