[tac_plus] Problem With tac_plus

Jason Gardiner gardiner at purdigital.net
Mon Jan 22 18:44:24 UTC 2007

Hello,

I've run across a problem and I'm about to tear out my hair.  I have
tac_plus setup for Ciscos, but it seems that every command issued after
"config t" is allowed, even when explicitly denied.  Here is the config

user = xxxxx {
    default service = deny
    name = "xxxxxx"
    login = des xxxxxx
    ms-chap = cleartext yyyyyyy
    service=exec { priv-lvl = 15 }
        cmd = load-interval { deny .* }
        cmd = show { permit "arp|config" }
        cmd = write { permit "terminal" }
        cmd = terminal { permit "length .*" }
        cmd = configure { permit .* }
        cmd = arp { permit ".*" }
        cmd = ip { permit "route .* 255.255.255.255 .*" }
        cmd = interface { deny .* }
        cmd = no { deny "ip address" }
}

As it stands, the user can perform a 'show arp,' but a 'show clock'
returns with a "Command authorization failed" as expected.

However, if the user does a 'config t,' then he can still perform an
'interface loopback 112' even though it should be denied AFAICT.

Any insight that you can offer into this would be greatly appreciated.

--
Thanks,

Jason Gardiner
Purdigital Engineering

 "You can swim all day in the Sea of Knowledge and
  still come out completely dry.  Most people do."

 - Norton Juster