[tac_plus] enable passwords

Martin, Jeremy jmartin at gsihosting.com
Mon Aug 4 19:56:06 UTC 2008

Hi,

We got logins working, authenticating against /etc/passwd with this line
in the config:

login = file /etc/passwd

However users could not enable once logged in. Tried this extra line:

enable = file /etc/passwd

but tac_plus fails to authenticate enabling against /etc/passwd ... Are
there are plans on letting enable passwords authenticate against
/etc/passwd too?

One of the examples on the website showed this:

enable = file /etc/tac_enable_pwd

However I can't find any documentation on the format of that file. Do
you have any details of what I need to put in that file, just
username:DES-password or what is the syntax exactly?

It's also a bit of a pain to have to run tac_pwd because it prompts for
user input, not terribly scriptable but I can get around that.

Thanks!

Jeremy