[tac_plus] Re: after authorization

Ian Batterbee ibatterb at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 01:42:45 UTC 2008

> you can ignore the suggestions or try them.  try this or see/try svc_auth
> and attr_value_pair in tac_plus.conf.

Yes, thanks for that helpful piece of advice. I have in fact tried the
suggestions, and they're ineffective.

After spending some time working backwards through the tac_plus source code,
I have now worked out that the problem is that the PIX is sending only an
authentication request when a VPN user connections - that is to say, it
doesn't send an *authorization* request.

As a result, the after authorization clause in tac_plus.conf has no effect,
because authorization is never performed.

I'm now going to try using a radius server, since others have had more
success with it.