[tac_plus] problem with conversion of configuration file for old version of TACACS+ to configuration file for current version of TACACS+

psy chaotic psy.chaotic1 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 18:15:42 UTC 2009

Hi,
I have this problem. I have configuration file from old version TACACS+

"tac_plus-F4.0.3.alpha.8.gts4",

if I tried this configuration file use in the version -  "tacacs+-F4.0.4.19"

=> "tac_plus -C my_old_conf_file"

it ended with the errors. I found at the testing problems in the
grammar of the old configuration file. This are
problematic tokens and keywords (and their usage in conf. file):

1) Unrecognised token "authorization" on line ...

  authorization = recursive

  - in head of configuration file

2) Unrecognised keyword "when" for user on line ...

  user = user_name {
    login = des des_string
    when = group group_name {
        member = group1
    }
}

3) Unrecognised keyword "enlist" for user on line ...

group = group_name {
    enlist = host IP1
    enlist = host IP2
}

4) Duplicated value for <string> group1 and group2 on line ... =>
keyword "member"

  user = user_name {
    login = des des_string
    pap = des des_string
    member = group1
    member = group2
}

I didn´t create this configuration file, my task is this old
configuration file convert
to functional configuration file for current version
"tacacs+-F4.0.4.19". I don´t
know functionality of these (deprecated) keywords/tokens and therefore
I don´t know how
replace these tokens for current version TACACS+ with the same
functionality. I need any
suggestion or at least link onto the documentation with detailed
description keywords and
tokens from configuration file for old and current version of TACACS+.
Thanks for any
suggestion

Paul