[tac_plus] Re: tacacs+ redundancy

Andy Saykao asaykao at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 21:40:52 UTC 2009

Hi Daniel,

I understand the use of the "tacacs-server timeout" but this still
involves the router having to contact the first server, wait for time
out and then try the second server. I know IOS has some mechanism to
mark a radius server dead and use the other radius servers configured,
but not sure if there's such a mechanism to mark the first tacacs+
server as being dead and to deal directly with the second tacacs+
servers so you don't have to wait for the timeout of the first tacacs+
server.

Cheers.

Andy