[tac_plus] Re: bad password/ban

Schmidt, Daniel dan.schmidt at uplinkdata.com
Tue Jun 9 14:41:40 UTC 2009

I was also concerned with this, yet was satisfied with the trade off.
It is also a feather in the cap against those who rail, "We need to dump
this open source thing and get a real Cisco Tacacs server!"

As for a coworker doing a DOS attack, would that not result in immediate
dismissal at most places of employment?  Perhaps banning by IP, instead
of username, as fail2ban does would prevent this.

There are a hundred ways you can accidentally get locked out with
tac_plus.  This would merely be one more, and it is an option that is
off by default.  Have a look at the code, it *looks* to be well thought
out.