[tac_plus] tac_plus with pam->ldap authentication ldap server failure scenario

schilling schilling2006 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 15:41:37 UTC 2009

Hi All,

We get tac_plus working with pam for auth, which then consult ldap for
authentication.  Everything is working as expected. We put user name
in tacacs.conf with login pam.

Now we are trying to test the ldap failure scenario. If ldap is not
available. The switch will still be able to communicate with tac_plus,
then local username/passwd defined on the switch will not work since
tac_plus is still available. Any configuration in tacacs to change
this behavior?

Thanks.

Schilling