[tac_plus] Authenticating on MRV Switch

Eric Van Tol eric at atlantech.net
Mon Mar 9 14:05:50 UTC 2009

Hi,
I am attempting to set up MRV Optiswitch devices to use TACACS+ for authentication and I'm having a problem getting the user to drop right into enable mode upon a successful login.  The MRV documentation states:

       "To allow a user attempting to enter enable mode of the
       OS900 immediately after successfully logging onto the
       OS900 using the admin password, set the 'Service Type'
       parameter on the AAA Server to the value 'administrative
       user."

This looks more like instructions for RADIUS than for TACACS+, but I figured I'd email the list and see if someone can point me in the right direction.

thanks,
evt