[tac_plus] Re: single connection

Schmidt, Daniel dan.schmidt at uplinkdata.com
Thu Mar 19 15:03:21 UTC 2009

Thank you kindly for your reply again.

I have hundreds of devices that I put it on.  Are we to understand that
Cisco recommends single-connection on one hand, and then on the other
hand tells us that single-connection does not work and they won't fix
it?  I suppose I had better start work on removing it.

Rather than removing your debug code, perhaps a warning would be in
order?  It would be a shame to have an upgrade break tacacs for those
who have been following their lousy CCNP book.  As I mentioned,
single-connection does work, just not well.  If you check tacacs, you
will note aborts and errors.

Funny that it seems to work right in IOS-XR yet they did such a terrible
job of implementing SSH in IOS-XR.