[tac_plus] Re: Installing tac_plus as a different user other than root??

Andy Saykao asaykao at gmail.com
Sun Nov 29 22:14:19 UTC 2009

Hi Adam,

I came across that post but it was for RHEL so I just skimmed through it bc
I'm working on a Ubuntu box. I really just want to use the users in
/etc/passwd for now (maybe LDAP further down the track) - nevertheless thank
you for your suggestion.

So my question is that if I just want to authenticate against /etc/passwd,
is it worth me reading up more about PAM and try to get this going or do I
just compile is using the GID of the shadow group as per this guide.

http://www.billyguthrie.com:8081/billyguthrie.com/projects/test/various-cisco-howtos-documents-and-notes/cisco-and-tacacs

Thanks.

Andy

For Number 2, these instructions use pam_ldap for tac_plus as an example,