[tac_plus] Re: Restricting Cisco 'interface' command

dterry at dollartree.com dterry at dollartree.com
Tue Oct 20 16:53:31 UTC 2009

I have everything setup correctly on the Cisco side.

I have tried your suggestion below and was unable to prevent a user from
configuring interfaces other than Gi and Fa ports. Debugging tacacs
authorization produced no helpful information.

Further suggestions would be appreciative.

             "Schmidt, Daniel"
             <dan.schmidt at upli
             nkdata.com>                                                To
                                       "john heasley"
             10/20/2009 12:26          <heas at shrubbery.net>,
             PM                        <dterry at dollartree.com>
                                                                        cc
                                       <tac_plus at shrubbery.net>
                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: [tac_plus] Re: Restricting
                                       Cisco 'interface' command

default service = deny
cmd = interface { permit [faFAgiGI].* }

If you're looking for a simpler configuration, look at my authentication
script on tacacs.org.  However, the above should work for your purposes.