[tac_plus] Adding users to tacacs passwd file

Jeffrey S. Geist jeffrey.geist at pnpt.com
Thu Aug 19 15:52:07 UTC 2010

Hi,

It seems that tacacs is not able to get the encrypted password from the
/etc/shadow file. If the tac_plus.cfg is configured with

 "default authentication = file /etc/passwd"

If we copy the encrypted password from /etc/shadow for a particular user and
then replace "x" in the /etc/passwd file for that same user with the
encrypted passwd, it works!

Hope this can shed some light on our issue...