[tac_plus] shrubbery tacacs+-F4.0.4.15

Alan McKinnon alan.mckinnon at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 21:59:33 UTC 2010

Apparently, though unproven, at 22:22 on Wednesday 01 December 2010,
Muhunthan, Jay did opine thusly:

> Folks,
>

> Is it possible to have a user part of multiple groups?

No.

> For example,

This has been covered quite extensively in many threads just this past year,
please check the mailing list archives as the current status has been
documented here quite clearly several times.

You can easily find with the help of Google a patch set written by Gabor that
apparently works as long as one stays within reasonable bounds (such as
avoiding conflicting command configs). That patchset is not wrong, the subject
itself is vastly more complex than at first appears.

The easiest solution is usually to run two instances of tac_plus.

> user = tom {
>
>        acl = ACL
>
>        login = file /etc/tacacs/tacacs_passwd
>
>        member = LEVEL-1
>
> }
>
> The above shows the user is member of LEVEL-1 can we do some thing like
> this
>

> user = tom {
>
>        acl = ACL
>
>        login = file /etc/tacacs/tacacs_passwd