[tac_plus] pap authentication from file

Maarten Carels lists at carels.info
Mon Jan 18 13:10:10 UTC 2010

Hi list,

I tried to have PAP authentication with the password data in a file (as I use for login and enable), but the tac_plus daemon didn't like it.

That's something I understand for chap stuff, and for outgoing PAP, but for incoming?

I patched the tac_plus source to allow it, and it seems to be running nicely. And it helps to keep my tacacs config file clean of passwords, which gives a cleaner interface (for a password change routine for example).

Attached is the patch (run against tacacs+-F4.0.4.18)

--maarten