[tac_plus] Re: Redesign? (Was: Different privs for different devices?)

Kiss Gabor (Bitman) kissg at ssg.ki.iif.hu
Tue Jul 6 04:56:27 UTC 2010

> >  solution to store user  attributes.
> > In this case arbitrary  complex conditionals might be  composed.
> > E.g. "user 'bill' will  get level 15 privileges in  worktime
> > logging in on the console  port of certain 3 NAS-es but
> > level 1 in  other cases".
>
> I'm  probably missing something obvious, but is there a reason you couldn't
> accomplish  the same thing by allowing a user to be a member of two independent
> groups?   Obviously tac_plus would have to be modified to allow that, but that
> sounds  to me like it would be a lot easier than rewriting the whole backend to
> use an RDB.

I think there is no way to painlessly(*) add further tests and their
arbitrary combination to the current syntax.
I mean: host originating telnet session, NAS tty, actual weekday and
daytime, number of already live sessions of the user etc.

Authorization clauses are also uneasy.

*Including backward compatibility.

Gabor