[tac_plus] Changing a user's password from tacacs prompt or other method...

Roderick B. Greening roderick.greening at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 18:58:20 UTC 2010

Hi,

Just wondering how I would go about allowing the user to change their password
without providing access to the tacacs+ server?

For example, the user telnets to one of the tacacs+ enabled NAS and enters
their username and then nothing for password. I'd like this to trigger a
request for a password change.

In my tacacs+ config, I am using the default Linux /etc/passwd with the file
option for login.

Is this possible?
Roderick B. Greening, B.Sc.
Paradise, NL Canada