[tac_plus] Tac_plus authentication and Active Directory group

Charly COYETTE ccoyette at Devanlay.fr
Fri May 28 15:06:41 UTC 2010

Hello,

I'm currently installing a TACACS+ Server with Tac_plus that
authenticate users with an active directory.

I need to give different rights to users regarding the different groups
in the active directory.

I don't know how to indicate this in the configuration file.

Another question: Is there a way to do "default authentication = PAM"? I
always have an error: "Error: expecting 'file' but found 'pam' on line
16"

Here is the configuration file I currently use:

                key = ...

accounting file = /var/log/tacacs/accounting

                group = admin {

default service = permit

login = PAM

enable = des "..."

}

group = user {

default service = deny

login = PAM

enable = des "..."

cmd = enable {

permit ".*"

}

cmd = show {

permit "ip .*"

deny ".*"

}

cmd = disable {

permit ".*"

}

cmd = exit {

permit ".*"

}

}

user administrator {

member = admin

}

user toto {

                member = user

}

Regards,

Charly COYETTE | Network and System department

Mail : ccoyette at devanlay.fr

DEVANLAY SA : 19bis, rue des Gayettes - BP 503 - 10083 TROYES - FRANCE