[tac_plus] Privilege level on hp,3com,h3c switches

Antonio Ojea antonio.ojea at retegal.es
Wed Nov 3 22:30:40 UTC 2010

This is a H3C switch (model 3600-EI). H3C was acquired by hp when it bought 3com. I think that H3C was a Huawey and 3com mix, but not sure.

I have a local user with admin privileges, but the problem is that this switch can only do authorization against tacacs server or none, but not both.
I  configure it without authorization and when I loging against tacacs it gives me no privileges.

The tac_plus works perfectly, because If I configure authorization and authentication against tacacs server it gives me all privileges. The problem is that If the tacacs server goes down I can't login because it doesn't authorize the local user.

I'll try to ask H3C support.

Thanks to all