[tac_plus] MSCHAP in Tac_plus

LiQi Li lql at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 15 00:20:54 UTC 2011

Hi,
FAQ says "F4.X contains mschap support. Mschap is configured the same way as chap, only using the 'mschap' keyword in
place of the 'chap' keyword". However, I always got error message when runinng tac_plus . Please see below.
# ./tac_plus -C tac_plus.conf -d 16 -g
Reading config
Unrecognised keyword mschap for user on line 13
Error: Unrecognised keyword mschap for user on line 13

My partial ac_plus.conf is:
user = test {
        pap = cleartext "testpap"
        chap = cleartext "testchap"
        mschap = cleartext "testmschap"
}

I noticed the sentence in FAQ: To compile the daemon with MSCHAP support, uncomment the MSCHAP line
in the Makefile. But I didn't see the MSCHAP line in the Makefile.

So how can I make mschap works in tac_plus? My tac_plus version is tacacs+-F4.0.4.19.

Thanks
Richie