[tac_plus] More on Nexus/do_auth

Daniel Schmidt daniel.schmidt at wyo.gov
Tue Nov 22 21:28:03 UTC 2011

I’ve modified do_auth to discriminate between the nexus and Cisco (or
Brocade which acts a lot like Cisco).  A basic configuration would be:

user = tester {

        default service = permit

        login = cleartext "test_me"

        enable = cleartext "test_me"

        pap = cleartext "test_me"

        service = exec {

                priv-lvl = 1

                shell:roles="network-operator"

                idletime = 3

                timeout = 15

        }

        after authorization "/usr/bin/python /root/do_auth_beta.py -i
$address -fix_crs_bug -u $user -d $name -l /root/log2.txt -f
/root/do_auth.ini"

}

Do_auth will send shell:roles to the nexus, but filter it from the
Cisco’s/Brocades.  (Sending both seems to confuse other Cisco devices)  You
can also replace those pairs in do_auth by group, giving network-operator
based on device to some and network-admin to others.  It works quite well.
If anybody is interested in testing it, drop me a line, else I’ll get to
posting it when I get to posting it.

of public business,is subject to the Wyoming Public Records
Act, and may be disclosed to third parties.