[tac_plus] New service

Anne Wei Anne_Wei at symantec.com
Fri Oct 14 19:00:28 UTC 2011

Greeting,

I need help for a new request in our environment.

We want to use tac_plus as authentication for a GUI client application -
silverpeak. We currently have group SSONET defined in tac_plus.cfg as
following:

group = SSONET {

  default service = permit

  service = shell { priv_lvl=15 }

  service = exec  {

     priv-lvl=15

     optional shell:Admin = "Admin default-domain"

  }

  service = junos-exec  { local-user-name = remote-ro }

  after authorization "/bin/sh /app/tacacs/etc/do_auth.sh $name
/app/tacacs/etc/allow.sso  /app/tacacs/etc/allow.sso_storage"

}

The GUI client requires silverpeak is defined on TACACS+ server, and use any
of the following as customer attribute for the service: role=admin,
role=manager,role=monitor. I checked only, and don't see the role concept in
tac_plus.cfg. And since there is default service = permit at top, can I
assume if no service silverpeak defined, the default authorization is
permit?

Please give me some advice and guide,

Thank you,

Anne