[tac_plus] Tac_plus Service

Jetmir Sulmina Jetmir.Sulmina at albtelecom.al
Mon Oct 24 13:24:36 UTC 2011

Hi,
 I have used until now another version of Tacacs, but it didn't support 'acl' so I am trying to configure your latest release in ubuntu.
I installed it correctle, configured the tac_plus.conf file , and afte "tac_plus -C /etc/tac_plus.conf -d 120" I can see the process running with "ps -A" but can't find its service name to restart, check its status etc. Commands like "service tac_plus status" or "service tacacs restart"  don't work. Is this normal and how can I fix this?

Thank you in advance

The information in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. Access to this e-mail by anyone other than the intended address is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, any review, disclosure, copying, distribution, retention, or any action taken or omitted to be takening reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please reply to or forward a copy of this message to the sender and delete the message, any attachments, and any copies thereof from your system.