[tac_plus] AD version of the pam guide

Daniel Schmidt daniel.schmidt at wyo.gov
Mon Apr 23 21:32:44 UTC 2012

Thanks much!

Strange, I get "Unknown user" at tac_plus debug, though kinit/klist
appears to work just fine.  Config is correct - there isn't much you can
mess up.  Any ideas appreciated.

[root at dufus ~]# egrep 1877 tac_log.txt
Mon Apr 23 14:48:43 2012 [1877]: connect from 1.1.1.1 [1.1.1.1]
Mon Apr 23 14:48:43 2012 [1877]: pam_verify homer
Mon Apr 23 14:48:43 2012 [1877]: pam_tacacs received 1 pam_messages
Mon Apr 23 14:48:43 2012 [1877]: 1.1.1.1 tty1: PAM_PROMPT_ECHO_OFF
Mon Apr 23 14:48:46 2012 [1877]: Unknown user
Mon Apr 23 14:48:46 2012 [1877]: login query for 'homer' tty1 from 1.1.1.1
rejected
Mon Apr 23 14:48:46 2012 [1877]: login failure: homer 1.1.1.1 (1.1.1.1)
tty1

user = homer  {
	member = same_group_as_everybody
	login = PAM